Sunday 19 October 2014

My 18 October 2014

Alhamdulillah, it's mid semester break.
Yet, it doesn't mean that me as a student may enjoy it like a honeymoon without assignments, tutorials, lab reports, and not to forget the list of mid semester test are waiting a head as soon as the mid semester break is over.

So, I began with my CAD's assignment.

My lecturers gave us 10 pieces of diagrams, 6 of it were our tutorial which should be done during class and another 4 pieces are our assignment.

Alhamdulillah, I had finished drawing 5 of 6 during the class session.
So, this would be the 6th diagram drawing session 
which I proceed at Kolej Kediaman Wang Ulu, Kangar, Perlis.

6th Drawing : Figure T5.12



Step 1.
Open Catia V5R16 

I used Part Design under Mechanical.

Step 2.
→Select the zx plane on the specification tree on the left side.
→Click the sketcher icon.
→ Draw the box with it's  width and height.
→ Oh! I used offset line to the the middle.


→Then, yes offset line again and again to get the intersection point. I just know the advantages of offset this semester. I never familiar with offset when I was learning Autodesk Inventor in my diploma at semester 5 (if I not mistaken) or AutoCAD during at degree semester 1.


→ Got the intersection point, I drew a new line based on it. Then remove all the offset line. So, This is how it's look like.


Step 3.
→After I got the shape on zx plane. 
→Click the icon 'Exit Workbench'.
→Click the 'Pad' icon.
→Select the sketch on zx plane until the 'Pad Definition' pop up.
→The diagram shown thickness in 40 mm, I wrote 40mm in the 'Length:' blank box.
→Likely, I prefer the pad went backward, so I clicked the 'Reverse Direction'.
→Then, click on 'Preview' to see how is it looks like.


Step 4.
→Select the xy plane on the specification tree.
→Draw the box, I used the offset method.


Step 5.
→Click 'Exit workbench'.
→Click 'Pocket' icon (the orange icon as shown below) until the 'Pocket Definition' table pop up.
→Type: Dimension.
→Depth : 18 mm
→Selection: Sketch 4 ( the box)
→Then, click 'Preview' to view the effect of pocket operation.


Step 6.
→This is how it supposed to be done.
→Then, select the pad as shown in the figure below.

Step 7.
→ Select the pad and click 'Sketch' icon.

Step 8.
→On the pad plane, draw a box shape.
→Click 'Exit Workbench' icon.
→ Click 'Pocket' icon, until the 'Pocket Definition' table pop up.
→Type: Dimension.
→Depth : 100 mm
→ Selection : Sketch.5 (the box shape)
→ Click 'Preview' to preview the effect after pocket operation.
→ Then, click 'OK'.

Step 9.
→ Then, tadaaaaa~
→It should be looks like this.

Step 10. (Extra option)
♥As my lecturer shown this function of coloring.
♥So, why not I applied it together in this drawing.
♥It because my lecturer encouraged us to play and used all the function in the CATIA software.
♥So, this feels like playing game.
♥I don't think I was studying or working at all.
♥Maybe, because I know how to do it? and it's quite fun?
♥I don't know or realize how long I spend my time to do only this figure T5.12.
♥Because sometimes, I found its quite confusing and hard to find a way to do the certain part,
but still, keep trying.
♥So, the final appearance of the Figure T5.12 is like this.
(^______^)v


Anyway, there are a lot ways can be used to draw this figure. 
This is the only way that I know how to do it.
It anyone have suggestion to do this better or improve my step in advance.
[Anything comment about grammar also can do. hehehe]
Just drop your comment okay.
I gladly appreciate it. ^____^
Thanks for reading.

P/s: I'm still a beginner and new to CATIA. So, don't ask me about the comparison of CATIA and other product or asking the advanced function of CATIA. Honestly, I don't know. I just spilled out here what I understand during my CATIA class lesson. Oh ya, I'm still weak at tangent though. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment